[Interest] Klocwork errors in Qt

Massimiliano Maini maxmaini at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 21:54:58 CET 2019

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 at 15:12, Roland Hughes <roland at logikalsolutions.com>
wrote:

> On 12/9/19 5:00 AM, Massimiliano Maini wrote:

> >> "new"? Deprecated in C++20 and slated for removal in C++23.

> >> TL;DR: This was a 2018 April Fool's joke.
> >>
> > Ouch. That must hurt.
>
> Gosh no. I'm more stunned that only one person got it. That was an
> incredibly well written post. Everyone should read it. Too many QML
> users I guess.

By pure chance I happen to occasionally read that blog (
https://www.fluentcpp.com/
<https://www.fluentcpp.com/2018/04/01/cpp-will-no-longer-have-pointers/>).
Even by picking only two random articles anybody could see that the ideas
it promotes
are at the total opposite of yours.

Let me speculate on how it went: you googled some random keywords, clicked
on
one of the top links pointing to a blog you've never heard of, overlooked
the title and
wrongly concluded that this just confirms you're right without noticing it
was an April's
fool.

Now, trying to turn the whole thing in your favor is something not even a
fool would try.
But apparently you are willing to give it a go. Unsurprisingly, I'd say.

Yawn.