[Interest] QAbstractEventDispatcher - registerSocketNotifier(), unregisterSocketNotifier()

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Dec 30 01:16:46 CET 2019

On Sunday, 29 December 2019 13:47:23 -03 Narolewski Jakub wrote:
>  Now, I have to do some fun optimization to not recreate libUV's poll
> handlers every time notifier gets unregistered and actually destroy them
> when they are not needed anymore, hmm.

The better way would be to have a new virtual in QAED that allows turning on
and off socket notifiers, timers and Windows events without completely
unregistering them, then change QTimer, QSocketNotifier and QWinEventNotifier
to use them.

Qt 6 work, of course, but we're working on Qt 6 right now. So this is the
perfect time.