[Interest] Weird sizing in Qt Designer 5.12.0 with hi-res screen

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Wed Jan 23 02:41:28 CET 2019

Hi Everybody,

I have recently installed a hi-res screen 3840 x 2160 @ 150% scaling on
my Windows 10 machine.

The attached screen capture has Qt Designer on the right of the actual
running dialog, with a screen ruler on top of the designer.  You can see
the following:

- Designer is showing the form at double the size it should be (1200 for
a form at minimum size 600 high).

- Even the grid spacing has been stretched.

- We do not set any of the newer high-res related settings at run time,
so the dialog appears at the expected 600 pixels high. Instead we use
style sheets to adjust fonts, images, etc.

Why is Designer doing this?  Where is it getting the factor of 2 from?
How do I get it to display the form at the correct size?

Regards, Tony