[Interest] Weird sizing in Qt Designer 5.12.0 with hi-res screen

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:28:17 CET 2019

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 5:52 PM Tony Rietwyk <tony at rightsoft.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I have recently installed a hi-res screen 3840 x 2160 @ 150% scaling on
> my Windows 10 machine.

I'm not sure if this explains the problem you report, but we've found that
Qt does not fully support scale factors that are not a multiple of 100%. If
you change your scale factor to 200% (you may also need to log out/in
and/or reboot) you might find that you get the correct behavior.

On a related note, we've also sometimes found that Qt (and even other
non-Qt applications) misbehave on a system with multiple displays that have
different scale factors or on a mixed DPI environment (eg. one regular DPI,
one high DPI). The situation here has improved since Qt first started
supporting high DPI displays.

Adam