[Interest] is QT_POINTER_SIZE safe when cross compiling?

roland at logikalsolutions.com roland at logikalsolutions.com
Tue Jan 29 00:21:08 CET 2019

All,

I looked at the doc here: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtglobal.html#QT_POINTER_SIZE

I tried navigating down the headers but was unsuccessful at finding
the definition. Okay, I lost patience digging for it.

If I'm compiling on a 64-bit host for a 32-bit target, is
QT_POINTER_SIZE going to return the correct number of bytes for the
32-bit target?

Don't ask ... we inherited something and they used a void * to return
an offset value. Per the coding standard we cannot use a generic type
but must use a sized type uint32_t or uint64_t when converting.

Thanks in advance.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions