[Interest] Allow external library to generate OpenGL buffers in context of QOpenGLWidget

Pieter Barendrecht pjbarendrecht at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 23:20:36 CEST 2019

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 at 22:58, Giuseppe D'Angelo <giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com>
wrote:

> What kind of argument is supposed to be passed? The context alone seems
> a bit pointless (at a minimum one needs an ad-hoc struct containing
> context, a surface, and pointers to functions to make it current /
> uncurrent...).

Fair point. It's a void* argument referred to as deviceContext. I'm going
through the code but I've not yet found what's supposed to be contained in
deviceContext.

I've also posted a question on the OpenSubdiv forum (see
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/opensubdiv#!topic/opensubdiv/blyWgBJNdEg).
One of the developers suggested it could be GLEW-related, which has me
confused as GLEW should only be an optional requirement to build OpenSubdiv
(see https://github.com/PixarAnimationStudios/OpenSubdiv), and of course
we're in a Qt setting here :).

Thanks,
Pieter