[Interest] Qt 5.9 and OpenSSL 1.1?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 10:16:35 CET 2019

>> Actually, it doesn't: 5.9 support ends in May 2020, OpenSSL 1.0 in Dec 2019.
>
> You're off by one year. 5.9.0 was released May 29, 2017.
>
> (probably a bit later because we are able to
> make the 5.9.9 release).

That means some of the dates in the wikipedia article are wrong... but not the
EOL date :)
And interesting that I apparently missed 2 releases, my version monitor mustn't
be as reliable as I thought.

> > but I'm guessing Qt may not want to depend only on an OpenSSL variant
> > that's EOL.

> Except that it's not EOL. OpenSSL 1.0.2 is still officially supported until
> 2019-12-31.

"May want" as in the future, not "doesn't want" now.

> If you search the commit log, you'll see a number of OpenSSL 1.1 bugfixes.

> PS: you should backport those fixes too.

Indeed! Are they all labelled OpenSSL, or should I rather look at the log for
the network/ssl folder hope I catch everything?
Are all fixes in 5.10 and thus in the 5.10 branch?

R.