[Interest] QTabWidget scroll buttons

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Tue Mar 26 16:02:42 CET 2019

> You could add a tool-button with said popup menu associated to it to the
> right of the tab widget (e.g. Firefox does this). This would have the
> advantage from my PoV that it's always there and works, regardless of
> how many tabs are open.

I'll ask whether this would be acceptable. As I mentioned in response to
William Crocker, I'm currently losing the battle that the requested idea is
a bad idea.

One issue with the tool button idea will just be finding an acceptable location
for it. There are already other widgets surrounding the QTabWidget in our UI,
so squeezing it in without having to rearrange everything else could be an issue.

Honestly, an decent solution would be where if I could modify the tab widget's
tab bar to never show the scroll buttons (easy enough with the usesScrollButtons
property), and instead always show the tool button. This looks harder though since
there doesn't appear to be an easy way to add widgets in the tab widget's tab bar.

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com