[Interest] QTabWidget scroll buttons

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Tue Mar 26 16:16:44 CET 2019

On 03/26/2019 11:02 AM, Murphy, Sean wrote:
> [External]
>

>> You could add a tool-button with said popup menu associated to it to the
>> right of the tab widget (e.g. Firefox does this). This would have the
>> advantage from my PoV that it's always there and works, regardless of
>> how many tabs are open.
>
> I'll ask whether this would be acceptable. As I mentioned in response to
> William Crocker, I'm currently losing the battle that the requested idea is
> a bad idea.

I do not know about the button, but the pop-up could be a window
with scrollable contents. And, as with all windows, your app will remember
the size/location and put it back where they left it, on subsequent uses.

> One issue with the tool button idea will just be finding an acceptable location
> for it. There are already other widgets surrounding the QTabWidget in our UI,
> so squeezing it in without having to rearrange everything else could be an issue.

This works for me, and the button is small 16x16.

        m_TheTabWidget->setCornerWidget(bp1);