[Interest] PySide2 installer for windows?

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Sat May 18 03:26:11 CEST 2019

On 5/17/2019 2:58 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Friday, 17 May 2019 10:16:04 PDT Bob Hood wrote:
>> They have (prematurely, imo) abandoned the combination of Windows + Python
>> v2.7.  You will only be able to install PySide2 under Windows with Python
>> v3.x now.
> Less than 7 and a half months of support for Python 2 left, until it EOLs,
> after a 5 year extension. Everyone has migrated their business critical
> applications to Python 3 by now, right?

Well, to me "7 and a half months...left" is not EOL, and I don't know
precisely when Python v2/Windows support was jettisoned, but you can add that
difference to the duration as well.That's how I personally define "prematurely."

But the decision is made; I'm not instigating a brush war over it.  I'm not
invested in PySide2, and neither are my customers. It was just going to be a
convenience for them as long as we continued to support Python v2.  Now it won't.