[Interest] XCB clipboard freeze

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:28:17 CET 2019

Le mar. 5 nov. 2019 à 16:03, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> a
écrit :

> Ah, that's a good point. If the clipboard requires two-way communication
> beyond just an initiation event, it'll never work to use it from the same
> process, so long as the event dispatching is in the same thread.

And the next issue is that it is not possible to have CEF running its own
thread either using the `multithreaded_message_loop`
or manually by calling CefDoMessageLoopWork() from another QThread.
In both cases UI events gets called from Qt main thread and CEF thread. And
I end up with calls to Qt internals from the CEF thread of calls to chrome
internals from Qt thread.
And bad things happen.

Still I am curious of why a QWaitCondition was used, and not another
solution that would have kept event processing enables during the wait.