[Interest] Qt on windows?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Nov 7 05:16:44 CET 2019

On Wednesday, 6 November 2019 16:13:12 PST Jason H wrote:
> I hit the big green Play button in creator, and I got the qmake error
> message. Actually, I can't say *I* because I don't have windows. I had
> someone else do it and then went over to his machine, poked around a bit, I
> could get thing to run from cmd after adding a couple paths, but it failed
> at linking winmain().

What error? Is the application in question already working on Windows? Can you
get someone to confirm that they can compile and link it?

Anyway, exit Qt Creator and try the same from a shell (remember to set the
environment correctly). Then run qmake from there.

> A which point I emailed the list.
> The green play button always gives a qmake error. It's the one about the
> mode. I ran out of time looking into it. I didn't know where to begin to
> look further.

Start by copying the error message and pasting it on Google. If that doesn't
help, then paste it in the email.