[Interest] Where does libGL get changed to absolute and how to stop?

John Cary cary at colorado.edu
Fri Nov 15 20:07:59 CET 2019

On 11/15/19 10:05 AM, Marius Kittler wrote:
> As far as I know this is done within `defineTest(qtConfResolveLibs)` in
> `qtbase/mkspecs/features/qt_configure.prf`. Not sure how to disable this
> except from patching the function. I also needed to patch it for my mingw-w64
> builds.

Could you share your patch?

> Considering the code it seems to take `-L` flags into account. So maybe you
> can workaround the problem by using `-L` . Or just specify the full patch
> yourself. (I assume your problem is that the library is resolved to the wrong
> full path but using full paths in general would work.)

I put in absolute paths for QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL, and then at the end of
configuration,
my debug statements print out the correct value.  However, this
generates a file,
   qtbase/src/gui/qtgui-config.pri
in which I find
   QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL = /lib64/libGL.so
and the build creates a largely redundant
   qtbase/mkspecs/modules-inst/qt_lib_gui_private.pri
also containing the wrong information, and the build
still links in the system /lib64/libGL.so.

So then I comment out that line in qtbase/src/gui/qtgui-config.pri
before starting the build.  The second file,
is now correct, and the build proceeds correctly.

So it seems that it comes down to an incorrectly generated
qtbase/src/gui/qtgui-config.pri, which I can fix post-facto, but I think
there
must be a better fix.  Perhaps your patch?

Thanks....John Cary