[Interest] Best way to threaded render (images) going forward?

Wesley Krasko wesblake at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 19:52:26 CET 2019

Yes, I've read about RHI but it all seems to imply it's for QT Quick, what
about Qt Widget based apps going forward? Also, AFAIK 6 will not be
released until 11 of 2020 which will likely be too late for Mac OS
considering they'll probably have another release before that doing away
completely with OpenGL. What about now? Is my best bet QOpenGLWidget until
6.x comes out then and then re-write again?

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 10:46 AM Christoph Feck <cfeck at kde.org> wrote:

> On 11/19/19 19:33, David M. Cotter wrote:
> > is someone working on something like QNativeGraphics, which picks the
> best impl under the hood? eg: metal for macos, opengl for linux, and
> whatever it is now for windows?
>
> See https://www.qt.io/blog/2019/08/07/technical-vision-qt-6

Wes Krasko
www.worldwidewes.com
www.kraskofamily.com
"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."