[Interest] Best way to threaded render (images) going forward?

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Tue Nov 19 20:17:33 CET 2019

On 11/19/19 19:52, Wesley Krasko wrote:
> Yes, I've read about RHI but it all seems to imply it's for QT Quick, what
> about Qt Widget based apps going forward?

Let me quote what is written there: "We will need to base all our
rendering infrastructure (QPainter, the Qt Quick Scenegraph, and our 3D
support) on top of that layer."

QWidgets use QPainter for rendering.

> Is my best bet QOpenGLWidget until 6.x comes out then and then re-write again?

If you are using OpenGL, RHI won't magically change your code. Use
QPainter, the Qt Quick scene graph, or Qt3D, depending on your case.