[Interest] windeployqt

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Nov 27 19:56:37 CET 2019

I tried to use windeployqt to create a QML application directory structure to run on a system without Qt.
I placed the resulting directory tree on the system and got nothing. Like I double clicked the .exe and nothing happened. So I went to the command line (cmd.exe) It just gave me the prompt back. No window was created.

I loaded it up in depends.exe on the system that built it and I only noted two things:
1. QtCore5.dll had an invalid signature
2. The app was linking against i386 and x64 libraries.

I don't know if those were the problems though.

How do I debug this?