[Interest] Help wanted for iOS Lux sensor reading

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Oct 28 18:35:20 CET 2019

I've attempted to engage the proper channels but they have not been helpful.

I have an urgent need to read the lux sensor in iOS. This should be possible per the iPhoneDevWiki (accepting all caveats):
http://iphonedevwiki.net/index.php/AppleISL29003
http://iphonedevwiki.net/index.php/IOHIDFamily

Ideally I'd have a QObject that would emit the lux value when it changes.

If there are any iOS wizards out there that can do this please get in touch with me directly so we can discuss. Or if you just want to link to working code that's fine too. :-)

Per the wiki, I changed the bundle Identifier (at run-time) to com.apple.springboard and still got a null pointer for the IOHIDEventSystemCreate() call.

Many thanks in advance!