[Interest] Manually Setting NSAccessibility Value on Mac for QAccessibleWidget?

Chi Kim chigookkim at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 29 14:58:48 CET 2019

Hello,

I'm a VoiceOver user, and QAccessible seems to have limited
implementations for NSAccessibility Protocol on MacOS.
For example, if I set QAccessible:Help and examine it with accessibility
inspector, none of the NSAccessibility properties has that value. Also
VoiceOver doesn't read it if I press vo+shift+h which reads
accessibilityHelp.
Is there a way to manually set values for NSAccessibility properties
such as accessibilityRoleDescription, accessibilityHelp, and so on?
Being able to set NSAccessibility properties will allow developers to
improve accessibility on Mac immensely!

Lastly, is there any group/forum/mailing list  for QT accessibility?

Thanks for your help,

Chi