[Interest] Can't add PySide2

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Wed Sep 11 13:30:23 CEST 2019

Hello Tom,

On 9/11/19 7:49 AM, Tom Isaacson wrote:
> I just started trying to use Qt for Python but failed at the first hurdle. I'm using VSCode on Ubuntu 18.04 x64 with Python 3.6 and Pipenv. I added:
>      [packages]
>      "pyside2" = "*"

iirc you need to remove the quotes from "pyside2"

> to my Pipfile and ran "pipenv update" and it installed PySide2 fine. I then added:
>      from PySide2.QtCore import QSettings
>
> to my Python file. But when I try to run VSCode says:
> "Exception has occurred: ModuleNotFoundError"
> No module named 'PySide2'

Are you certain that the virtualenv where your pipenv installed pyside2
is the same one from which your python interpreter comes from?

Can you do a pip list or look inside the interpreters site-packages
if you see the PySide2 directory?

> It's loading the other modules from Pipenv fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Tom Isaacson

Cheers

--
Dr. Cristian Maureira-Fredes