[Interest] QOpenGLWidget mess up with app layout/pixel ratio on Retina screens

Pavel Mogilevskiy pmogilevskiy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:54:14 CEST 2020

Hi,

         I would like to raise one pretty old thread about QOpenGLWidget
usage on Mac on Retina screens.
For some reasons, QOpenGLWidget mess up with app layout/pixel ratio on
Retina screens. It's very easy to reproduce on hellogl example.
I found one bug report (https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-41767)
which is related to this issue but reproducible in VMWare environment.
I've updated corresponding bug report with new details (see last comment
in the thread).

     As workaround I tried to set
QT_MAC_WANTS_BEST_RESOLUTION_OPENGL_SURFACE=0. It partially works but UI
controls look blurry.

     I'm using Qt 5.12.3, MacBook Pro 13"., MacBook Air, 13".

     Related thread: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-15906

     Any thoughts about this issue?

     Thanks!