[Interest] Does QMediaPlayer use soft render?

nus1998 nus1998 at yeah.net
Tue Apr 28 12:24:18 CEST 2020

Hi All,

I'm running a i.MX6Q sabresd board from NXP, and the Qt version is 13.2.

When I play video by "qmlvideo" in example, the display is smooth, while use "player" in qtmultimediawidget example, it's very slow.
If I specify the video sink by export QT_GSTREAMER_WIDGET_VIDEOSINK=imxv4l2sink, overlaysink or xvimagesink, "player" plays movie smooth too, but the size is out of the widget area, I guess the output is not QVideoWidget again.

I wonder is it a bug or just such a feature and only qml engine support hw video sink?

Thanks in advance

Nus