[Interest] QMediaPlayer and Bluetooth speaker stuttering

Kevin André hyperquantum at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 01:54:17 CEST 2020

Hi,

My music player uses QMediaPlayer to play MP3 files, which works fine
when listening through headphones. But when I use a Bluetooth speaker,
the sound stutters, and the song sounds slow. Almost like the data is
sent to the speaker too slowly, and the speaker pauses playback when
the buffer is empty, and resumes briefly when it receives some more
data, then pauses again and so on.

One might assume that it is a hardware issue, but the problem only
occurs with my music player and not when playing music through other
means, like YouTube in a web browser.

After struggling with this problem for a long time, I discovered that
the problem can be fixed temporarily by running the Bluetooth
troubleshooter (Windows 10: settings -> update & security ->
troubleshoot -> Bluetooth). This utility only seems to reset the
Bluetooth connection somehow, but after running it I can play music
again just fine. Until I turn off the speaker and turn it back on.
Then the problem is back (most of the time).

As far as I remember, the problem didn't exist in the very beginning.
I think it first manifested itself after some update of Windows, but
I'm not sure, it's been a long time since.

I am currently using Qt version 5.12.3, but the problem first appeared
when I was still using an older version.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Kevin