[Interest] help: build from git setup

David M. Cotter dave at kjams.com
Fri Dec 18 00:08:21 CET 2020

on macos 10.14
attempting to follow instructions here:
https://wiki.qt.io/Building_Qt_5_from_Git

i'm using the app "Fork" as my git GUI so i did SOME steps there.. i think i got it all right?

i got to the point of testing my ssh thing with this command:
> ssh codereview.qt-project.org gerrit stream-events

but all that did was... nothing. didn't even return to the command line prompt. just sat there.
what is expected?

so i skipped that step, hoping maybe ... it would still work?

then i got all the way to executing this command:
> perl init-repository --module-subset=default,-qtwebengine

it immediately came back with:
> Will not reinitialize already initialized repository (use -f to force)!

ummm... okay....  is.. THAT expected?

so i added "-f" to the end....

it got part way through but then halted here:

> + git config remote.gerrit.fetch +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/gerrit/* /heads/
> Aliasing /Volumes/Developer/depot/qt5/qtrepotools/git-hooks/gerrit_commit_msg_hook
>       as /Volumes/Developer/depot/qt5/qt3d/../.git/modules/qt3d/hooks/commit-msg ...
> Cannot create forwarding script /Volumes/Developer/depot/qt5/qt3d/../.git/modules/qt3d/hooks/commit-msg: No such file or directory

at this point i no longer believe i can just "keep going"

anyone know what to do at this point?

i'll pay for your time.

-dave