[Interest] Crash when creating QNetworkAccessManager in qt 5.14.x

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Tue Feb 4 08:56:29 CET 2020

Hi all,

While the mail list was broken I did some further experiments:

If I move the creation of QNetworkAccessManager into main.cpp, it also
crashes, but only if I put it after QApplication app(argc, argv);

The funny part being that if I create a QneworkAccessManager before and
just delete it, then my regular QNetworkAccessManager instantiated in
MainWindow does not crash anymore.

So my workaround is in main.cpp:

     QNetworkAccessManager *inet = new QNetworkAccessManager();
     QApplication app(argc, argv);
     delete inet;

And then all is back to OK.

I have tried to reproduce that in a small sample but failed. I have
build a small app with the same qt modules, the same linked libraries,
running in the same directory, but failed to reproduce it.

Any idea about what can go wrong here?

Thanks
Philippe