[Interest] [Development] How to get winid from qprocess id for QProcess

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Thu Feb 20 16:43:41 CET 2020

20.02.2020, 18:38, "Sujan Dasmahapatra" <yellowlemontree0821 at gmail.com>:
> hi friend
>
> I am running an external app, which I want to fit onto my QScrollArea, for this I am writing code like this.
>
> // launch weasis
> QProcess *process = new QProcess();
> process->start("./viewer-win32.exe");
> if (process->waitForFinished())
> {
> return;
> }
>
> QWindow *window = QWindow::fromWinId(211812356);
> window->setFlags(Qt::FramelessWindowHint);
> _patient_gui->scrollArea_1->setWidget(QWidget::createWindowContainer(window));
>
> But how can I get the wind id? it is hard coded here, is there any way to get the id from process id.
>
> any help is highly appreciated.

Hello,

It seems like your question has nothing to do with development of Qt itself, so it would be more
appropriate to use "interest" mailing list.

As for your question, you can get id by using methods like QWindow::winId() or QWidget::effectiveWinId()
If subject window is not managed by Qt, you have to use native API.

--
Regards,
Konstantin