[Interest] QtWebkit error while building Qt5.12.7 sources

Ramakanth Kesireddy rama.kesi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 15:41:07 CET 2020

Yes the compiler being old causing the issue.

ubuntu at ubuntu:~/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.6.3/qtwebengine$ qmake
Info: creating cache file
/home/ubuntu/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.6.3/qtwebengine/.qmake.cache

Using gcc version 4.6, but at least gcc version 4.7 is required to build Qt
WebEngine.
Using gcc version 4.6, but at least gcc version 4.7 is required to build Qt
WebEngine.
QtWebEngine will not be built.

Shall upgrade the compiler to gcc to 7.x.