[Interest] Crashing in qMetaTypeCustomType_unlocked

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jul 9 22:42:05 CEST 2020

On Thursday, 9 July 2020 12:51:26 PDT Michael Jackson wrote:
> That is the latest backtrace from a core dump. The Qt Libraries are
> the Release versions so there are no symbols to get values for
> unfortunately.
>
> We have tried moving the plugins/bearer to the side but still get a crash.

Can you share a crash of such a run when the bearer plugins aren't present?
Because this one was with them present.

Have you tried running the application inside valgrind?

My first gut reaction is that this is caused by unloading a plugin, but I
can't find anything in qMetaTypeCustomType_unlocked that accesses memory that
isn't owned directly or indirectly by the QVector of the custom types, besides
the typeName parameter itself, which was allocated in the
QMetaObjectPrivate::decodeMethodSignature() frame (and if that was invalid, it
would have crashed earlier inside qMetaTypeTypeInternal).

I'm tentatively calling this as not a bug in the meta type code. I think
something else corrupted the memory allocated by the custom type vector.