[Interest] List on moderation

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:56:46 CEST 2020

On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 at 01:02, Andy Shaw <andy.shaw at qt.io> wrote:
> The global moderation is only going to be for a very short period, and we will lift it because we do not want to prevent open discussion and so on, the intention is to make sure this stays a safe space for the community to interact and not feel afraid to be persecuted for their beliefs. Personal attacks on any individual or group of people will not be tolerated.

I have in the past talked rubbish here, I've been over the top and/or
border line quite a few times, discussions then quickly turned 'sour'.
I remember being kindly reminded off-line to 'behave' and be open. I
did appreciate these reminders, I needed them. And I do think this is
the best way to move forward.

6 month ago i decided that Qml was the best UI solution for a project
i was given (my first 'real' Qml project), I still think it was the
right choice (Qml=UI, C++=logic), but i can clearly see the risks of
abusing Qml/JS and the consequences of letting this go uncontrolled.

Qml, JS and C++ on safety critical systems (health, aeronautics,
automotive, marine, autonomous & industrial systems, ...) is a very
interesting topic. I hope we'll hear more about this, and I'm looking
forward to reading *constructive* discussion on that topic - in the
open.

Maybe someone could talk about Qt+QNX (that would change from VAX/VMS
;)), I remember some qt.io communication about instrument clusters &
human health monitoring demos using Qt/Qml. Then there's the new Qt
for micro-controller, etc...
Honestly, it is healthy to criticise, and even healthier to get proper
counter arguments.

Thanks for giving details on what is going on. Rants are definitely
not cool, but personal attacks are worse.

My 2 cents,
Chris.

A guy who's been on the other side of the fence.