[Interest] List on moderation

Andy Shaw andy.shaw at qt.io
Thu Jul 16 15:02:09 CEST 2020

First of all, to make it clear, we are not going to censor topics that we do not find appealing just because they may not be something we want to read. The reason the moderation was put on and intended to be so for just a short period is because we want to prevent direct personal attacks on individuals and groups which would be a violation of the Qt Code of Conduct. We have not censored any posts so far and if a post is going to be rejected by moderation then this will be explained to the person making the post so they will be free to make adjustments accordingly to remove anything that would violate the Qt Code of Conduct.

The global moderation is only going to be for a very short period, and we will lift it because we do not want to prevent open discussion and so on, the intention is to make sure this stays a safe space for the community to interact and not feel afraid to be persecuted for their beliefs. Personal attacks on any individual or group of people will not be tolerated.

Kind regards,
Andy