[Interest] wss:// on localhost

Alexander Carôt alexander_carot at gmx.net
Tue Jul 21 18:13:18 CEST 2020

> You'll have to learn the OpenSSL API or to require the openssl command to be
> present.
>
> I know the OpenSSL API is not the simplest or easiest to use. But I don't see
> a way out.

Well, it's worth learning it and also from your answer I understand that the current files in the example server do *not* work. This is a good confirmation because indeed it doesn't :-)

So - I will try to keep track on this and let you know how it goes.

In case anyone else can send me a pointer how to generate a versatile localhost-certificate (CERT and KEY File) which works on *any* machine please let me know.

Thanks a lot, Thiago - it already helped a lot,
best

Alex

--
http://www.carot.de