[Interest] temp disable any selection changing in TableView?

David M. Cotter dave at kjams.com
Wed Jul 22 16:32:08 CEST 2020

my developer is reporting difficulty suppressing selection changes in a TableView, when attempting to edit an item.

is there a way to say "hey tableview, do NOT change the selection for a bit while i do something" ?

eg: one of my columns has a popup menu.

if i select row 5, then i want to click the popup in row 4, i do NOT want the selection to change. i want to change the popup in row 4 and leave row 5 selected.

same if i want to edit text.

is this even possible?

-dave