[Interest] how to get 3 pixel focus ring?

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 21:09:45 CEST 2020

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 11:02 AM David M. Cotter <dave at kjams.com> wrote:

> ONLY around the lineEdit (search box, working fine on mac), the Tree view,
> or the Table view.
>
> these are the only three places that are the targets of the keyboard
>
> if you run my example project, you'll see things work fine for lineEdit
> and Tree view, but for some reason the table view gets only one pixel, even
> though it's set up EXACTLY the same way as the tree view.

On Macintosh I think you're probably running into
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-82350.

It just so happens that I was working on a custom widget today and wanted
it to have a focus ring, and it's not drawn properly on Macintosh if I
build with Qt 5.12, but is drawn properly with Qt 5.9. I tracked this down
to the same problem described in the bug.

Adam