[Interest] GTk QPA?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 12:08:23 CEST 2020

Hi,

This could come across as a subtle new form of heresy, but is anyone aware of (work on) a GTk-based QPA plugin for Qt? Not a style or platform theme plugin, but an actual alternative for the XCB QPA plugin. In general I find that GTk-based applications are more suitable for use with a remote X11 display, stabler in particular. If a GTk QPA exists I'd be interested in trying it to see if it improves the issues I'm seeing (which AFAIK are due to libxcb, not to Qt).

Thanks,

PS: a GTk3-based QPA could also use GtkHeaderBar at least for MDI windows (but then GTk doesn't care about adapting to other DE standards so why would we ;) )