[Interest] [Development] Windows 7 support will be dropped in Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jun 15 09:04:30 CEST 2020

On domingo, 14 de junho de 2020 10:55:20 PDT Roland Hughes wrote:
> Requires a C++17 compiler.

> given the wide range of gcc versions I'm guessing nobody tried until
> Centos 8 and you probably could get things to compile for Centos 5.

Those two statements are contradictory. Getting a C++17-capable compiler
working on CentOS/RHEL 5 is going to be very difficult.

GCC didn't achieve a good C++17 support until GCC 7 (released in May 2017).
CentOS 5 reached EOL in March 2017. So there's no official devtoolset
containing GCC 7.

I'm pretty sure the version of Qt they forked from already didn't support
CentOS 5.

If you meant CentOS 6 instead, that's another story.