[Interest] [Development] Windows 7 support will be dropped in Qt 6

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Mon Jun 15 17:10:54 CEST 2020

This is exactly my point, that device is STILL on Qt3 because you don't want to go all over that certifications/testing just for changing a Qt versions. You can enchance it, but you will need to proof the changes impacts have been cover in testings and no risk have been added. Those system, nearly never get update libs or anything at large because you have to retests and recertify the whole thing. Just changing the model of an harddrive into a machine make a need to recertify. So those device will never care if the bleeding edge Qt doesn't support their platform. They are fixed with known version of differents libs that are known to be workign together and tested.

Those device are not using anything bleeding edge, so let alone runing any Windows 7 or Windows 10 with Qt6 in the near time. If anything into those domain start using Qt6 it will probably be a new design or a new version that will need to be certified all over again anyway, so the upgrade path is not there.