[Interest] [Development] Windows 7 support will be dropped in Qt 6

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Fri Jun 19 13:49:34 CEST 2020

On 6/19/20 5:00 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Keep in mind KDE abandoned other things to choose Qt when Trolltech was
>> around.
> Considering there was no KDE prior to Qt, the set of things abandoned to
> choose Qt is zero.

Considering they ported many existing apps to Qt at the very beginning,
the set of things abandoned would be everything.

Interesting how history gets rewritten though.

https://www.suse.com/company/history/

https://timeline.kde.org/

Back when I had to buy SuSE in a box of floppies from an importer they
published a different story about "K". I remember it well.

"We have been experimenting with a lot of desktop environments and to
keep them straight we started lettering them. This is the K desktop
environment."

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions