[Interest] Wayland QPA in Qt 5.12.8 LTS

Ramakanth Kesireddy rama.kesi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:24:04 CEST 2020

Hello Thiago,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. We shall use backend instead of using
wayland compositor.
In one of the programs where we are using Qt 5.6.3 widgets based on kernel
4.14, the DRM driver replaces the fbdev driver on TI AM335x.

As mentioned in  https://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-5.6/embedded-linux.html, DRM
dumb buffer is not supported in Qt 5.6  but only from Qt 5.9.
Does it mean we cannot use LinuxFB as QPA backend using Qt 5.6.3 or
/dev/fb1 could still be used to make use of DRM APIs for rendering?

If so, there are two options as QPA backends in terms of eglfs and
DirectFB. But in case of Qt Widgets using eglfs as QPA backend, it falls
back to fbdev being deprecated(/dev/fb0 legacy systems)
as there is no attribute to set to use eglfs or OpenGL using Qt
Widgets,right?

Please let me know if we need to enable any kernel config options to make
use of eglfs and DirectFB build using Yocto even if we configure Qt 5.6.3
with the QPA?

Best Regards,
Ramakanth