[Interest] Qt Creator licensing for companies with Qt Commercial developers

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Tue Mar 31 20:38:58 CEST 2020

Il 31/03/20 20:34, Elvis Stansvik ha scritto:
> Do you see the absurdity? For me as manager at F, to be sure we're not
> breaking the contract with Frob, we would have to stipulate our
> contract with G not only that they themselves stick with paid-support
> Frob tools, but that they in turn must stipulate the same in their
> contracts with any H type subcontractors.
>
> And you think this will encourage people to pick commercial Qt?

Without such a clause, you could easily incorporate a wholly owned
subsidiary, make it do all the development as "contractors" using Open
Source Qt, get the finished product back, slap it under Commercial Qt
and enjoy the benefits of the commercial terms without having paid for
it during the development. That's what the clause is protecting against.

My 2 c,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts