[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 102, Issue 34

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Tue Mar 31 20:38:05 CEST 2020

On 3/31/20 1:21 PM, interest-request at qt-project.org wrote:
> Note: I don’t speak in the name of my cie, but my own opinion here. Just stating the fact that the Qt license is the main reason we often ditch Qt for some application.

The same reason it is being ditched wholesale by lots of places. Others
have entrenched with 4.8 and will not move forward. When managers start
reviewing this license thing, they take the MC Hammer approach like your
lawyer did "Can't touch this."

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=can%27t+touch+this+official+video&t=canonical&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dq8WSdypJ4WA

Medical device work is moving/has moved to building stand alone COMM
modules which share no memory with main device nor can they write to
anything main CPU would use. All non-disk I/O devices are part of COMM
module. A single high speed serial connection with a proprietary fixed
packet messaging protocol is the only connection between main system and
COMM module.

Qt 4.8 and widgets is way more than enough for that world. The COMM
module is bare metal C code. No OS or extra features/functions, only the
tiny set that got coded.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions