[Interest] QtWebengine is not built with v8 snapshot error

Ramakanth Kesireddy rama.kesi at gmail.com
Wed May 6 05:32:30 CEST 2020

Thanks a lot.. It installed QtWebEngine(including QtWebEngineCore and
QTWebEngineWidgets) on the target.
Had to install additional packages lib32ncurses5
lib32z1 linux-libc-dev:i386 on Ubuntu host.

Looks like issue with configure line where -no-gcc-sysroot had been
mentioned before.
So final configure line looks like below:

./configure -v -opensource -confirm-license -make libs -release -shared
-sysroot
/home/target/ti-processor-sdk-linux-rt-am335x-evm-05.03.00.07/linux-devkit/sysroots/armv7ahf-neon-linux-gnueabi
-device arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -device-option
CROSS_COMPILE=/home/target/ti-processor-sdk-linux-rt-am335x-evm-05.03.00.07/linux-devkit/sysroots/x86_64-arago-linux/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-
-reduce-exports -optimize-size -no-gtk -no-use-gold-linker -qt-libjpeg
-qt-zlib -qt-libpng -sql-sqlite -no-xcb -no-cups -no-opengl -no-qml-debug
-skip qt3d -skip qtactiveqt -skip qtandroidextras -skip qtcanvas3d -skip
qtcharts -skip qtconnectivity -skip qtdatavis3d -skip qtdoc -skip qtgamepad
-skip qtgraphicaleffects -skip qtimageformats -skip qtnetworkauth -skip
qtlocation -skip qtmacextras -skip qtpurchasing -skip qtmultimedia -skip
qtquickcontrols -skip qtquickcontrols2 -skip qtremoteobjects -skip qtscript
-skip qtscxml -skip qtsensors -skip qtserialbus -skip qtserialport -skip
qtspeech -skip qttools -skip qtwayland -skip qtwebsockets -skip qtwebview
-skip qtwebchannel -skip qtwinextras -skip qtandroidextras -skip
qtx11extras -skip qtxmlpatterns -nomake tools -nomake tests -nomake
examples -no-compile-examples -no-iconv -dbus -fontconfig -system-freetype
-ssl -qt-pcre -no-pch -recheck-all -DQT_ARCH_ARM

A quick couple of questions:

Can anyone let me know if the dependent skia graphics library is also built
along with QtWebengine(including QtWebEngineCore and QtWebengineWidgets)
sources?

Since there is no opengl es2 on target, Can we make use of QtWebengine
widgets to render html content without opengl( As
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebengine-overview.html mentions the Qt WebEngine
Widgets module uses the Qt Quick scene graph to compose the elements of a
web page into one view) or is it mandatory to have opengl to use
QtWebEngine module as I need to port from QtWebkitwidgets to
QtWebengineWidgets to setHtml?

Best Regards,
Ramakanth