[Interest] Qt3D - Deploying renderer plugins introduced in Qt 5.15

Esch Lorenz TU Ilmenau Lorenz.Esch at tu-ilmenau.de
Thu May 28 18:41:52 CEST 2020

Hello,

I am using windeployqt to deploy an application facilitating Qt3D via specifying QT += 3dcore 3drender 3dinput 3dextras in its .pro file. Since Qt 5.15 the opengl renderer is isolated as a separated plugin (openglrenderer.dll). This new plugin is somehow not caught by windeployqt and thus not deployed to the binary's folder.

Any idea why? Maybe I am missing something here? Do I always need to deploy the renderer manually for versions > 5.15?

Thanks,

Lorenz