[Interest] Qt3DRender::QBuffer::dataGenerator() deprecated with no explanation?

Paul Lemire paul.lemire at kdab.com
Mon Oct 12 09:14:05 CEST 2020

Hi Nyall,

 From Qt6 onward, it is expected the data is set directly on the QBuffer
with QBuffer::setData (For long data processing, we will leave it up to
the user to create his own thread if needed rather than relying on Qt3D
executing a functor in its threadpool).

In Qt5.15, the dataFunctor can still be used but not sure the
deprecation warning can be silenced other than by having the define
BUILD_QT3D_MODULE set.

Hope that helps,

Paul