[Interest] Double free in QItemDelegate editor

Kyle Edwards kyle.edwards at kitware.com
Fri Sep 4 22:00:14 CEST 2020

On 9/4/20 3:56 PM, Jérôme Godbout wrote:
> Shouldn't the FileDialog belong to the Window and not to the editor? Try without parent or parent to the top window on your dialog you can make it modal if you need to lock down the window. That would prevent the editor destruction to wrongly destroy the Dialog.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, and it allowed the file dialog
to open without crashing. Unfortunately, the crash still happens when
the dialog has closed, because opening the dialog still caused the
editor to be destroyed, but the (destroyed) editor is still trying to
set its own text when the dialog exits.

What really needs to happen is the editor needs to not be destroyed when
the dialog opens. Preferably, it shouldn't even become hidden.

Kyle