[Interest] programmatic check if a (style) plugin is available system-wide?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:43:55 CEST 2020

Hi,

AFAIK users of Unix systems can get Qt to use plugins they installed themselves in a custom/personal location. Is there a way to check programmatically where a given, loaded plugin lives?

In particular, is there a straightforward way to filter out styles from the output of `QStyleFactory::keys()` that are not in a standard system location? I tried to unset QT_PLUGIN_PATH before calling that function (looking at the code it seems that it constructs the list anew on each invocation) but apparently I can't do that early enough. Apparently Qt caches the list of known plugins, is there a way to force it to reconstruct that list?

Thanks,
R.