[Interest] cmake build issues

Nibedit Dey nibedit.dev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 21:18:30 CEST 2021

Hello Everyone,

I am following the below steps to build Qt 6.0.3 from the source. However,
it fails in CMake build step with multiple header file inclusion issues. I
tried it on both macOS and Linux. I faced similar issues.

   - $ tar xvf qt-everywhere-src-6.0.3.tar.xz
   - $ cd qt-everywhere-src-6.0.3
   - $ ./configure
   - $ cmake --build . --parallel

CMake log only mentions missing header files. Is there anything I am
missing?
A sample error:
Desktop/qt6/qt-everywhere-src-6.0.3/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.cxx:9:8: error:
use of undeclared identifier 'posix_fallocate'
(void) posix_fallocate(0, 0, 0);
       ^
1 error generated.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_39cfa.dir/src.cxx.o] Error 1
make: *** [cmTC_39cfa/fast] Error 2

Source file was:
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <unistd.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    (void)argc; (void)argv;
    /* BEGIN TEST: */
(void) posix_fallocate(0, 0, 0);
    /* END TEST: */
    return 0;
}

make: *** [all] Error 2

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nibedit