[Interest] cmake build issues

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Apr 12 17:02:54 CEST 2021

On Thursday, 8 April 2021 12:18:30 PDT Nibedit Dey wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am following the below steps to build Qt 6.0.3 from the source. However,
> it fails in CMake build step with multiple header file inclusion issues. I
> tried it on both macOS and Linux. I faced similar issues.
>
>    - $ tar xvf qt-everywhere-src-6.0.3.tar.xz
>    - $ cd qt-everywhere-src-6.0.3
>    - $ ./configure
>    - $ cmake --build . --parallel

As Alexandru has hinted, the problem here is that two of the commands above
are wrapping what they are actually running:

./configure is running cmake. This is what the error log you saw is for.

cmake --build is running ninja or make. This is the error log you want, but
isn't in a file called CMakeError.log. It's your regular terminal. Capture
that.