[Interest] Guide me through the Qt offerings for GUIs

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Wed Apr 21 13:54:13 CEST 2021

On 4/20/2021 4:35 PM, Alexey Rusakov wrote:
> Am I the only one to feel that Roland monopolises the mailing list again,
> after a couple of years?

I'm sorry you feel that way. You can join the growing chorus to have
Giuseppe D'Angelo placed on 18 month forced hibernation due to
reprehensible behavior. His personal attacks and lashing out at people
aren't adding anything to the conversation.

Given all of the graphing the OP is going to be doing with their
implementation they are going to run headlong into the
single-thread-i-ness of the main event loop. I ran into it with an
embedded system where real-time live update graphing from a database had
to be performed.  Setting up something for them to see that is a lot of
work.

FeatherPad is in Ubuntu (and probably other distros) so with minimal
effort someone can see the monkey pile effect on the single-thread-i-ness.

The OP asked a high level question which means that high level
discussions about low level problems need to happen. I followed the link
he provided and looked at the application type he wants to work on. If
he doesn't design around the low level architectural issues
(single-thread-i-ness of main event loop) he is going to have issues.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

https://theminimumyouneedtoknow.com