[Interest] Guide me through the Qt offerings for GUIs

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Wed Apr 21 20:31:55 CEST 2021

On 4/21/2021 11:04 AM, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> On 21/04/2021 17:42, Jason H wrote:
>> Personally, I think the exsting QtQuick element should be scrapped and
>> just focus on QML versions of the existing Widget functionality. I love
>> the QML syntax, hate that it's not just a layer on top of widgets.
>> That said, I still really like both.
> Do you mean something like this
>
> https://github.com/KDAB/DeclarativeWidgets
>
> or actually reimplementing the widgets themselves?

Having had this conversation before in here, I believe he means exactly
what Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum described to me as QML during dart
league all of those years ago.

QML fully pre-compiles to Widgets.

Just a way of getting rid of .UI files that, during 4.x days had a
history of getting corrupted. Yes, we recently had yet another instance
of that in here where someone opened old 4.x era .UI files with
current/recent Designer and the hidden deleted layout started kicking
widgets that shouldn't be there into the running application.

A QML-like syntax that generated C++ source and header files for widgets
much like happens with .UI, kicking JavaScript to the curb. You get the
snap and feel of native binary without having to saddle an application
with 2 VMs.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions