[Interest] Help a unix guy on windows qmake

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Apr 21 19:00:04 CEST 2021

On Wednesday, 21 April 2021 08:49:02 PDT Jason H wrote:
> I'm having a bugger of a time getting a project working under windows. I've
> been doit under mac and linux for the last many years. What is the proper
> scope? Allegedly these are listed in C:\Qt\$ver\$compiler\mkspecs, however
> there are no win64 ones. I'm using mingw.

Your spec is win32-mingw then.

> Why is there no $PROJ variable for linking when shadow building?

Because there's no such variable at all. See
https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qmake-variable-reference.html

Note I assume you mean $$ everywhere you wrote $.

> $PWD resolves to the shadow build dir, it seems?

The directory from which qmake was run, yes.

> How do I properly refer LIBS to $PROJ/libraries/x64/mylib.lib?

Explain what the difficulty is to setting the variable LIBS.

> How do I properly refer INCLUDEPATH to $PROJ/libraries/mylib.h?

Ditto.

> You know what $PROJ means, but for some reason this concept doesn't exist in
> qmake yet?

No, I do not know what it means.