[Interest] L Word

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Thu Apr 29 22:29:55 CEST 2021

> > Hence, I'll be removing myself from this list, effective immediately.
>
> I do hope you reconsider, it's going to be a loss for you, but much bigger loss for us.

Agreed. Why not configuring e-mail filters? This is what I would do. This is definitely
better than leaving the list or getting angry and also better than waiting for the
moderators taking actions for years.

> > The main problem isn't trolling.
>
> Actually it is.

Depends from the point of view. I have never felt insulted by Roland. And I can understand
(and agree) his points many times.

Still I would never write e-mails in his style and I wish he would drop those borderline
insults.

Actually my biggest problem with his posts are their length and the slangy language (both
makes reading his mails hard for a non-native speaker like me).

> > The main problem is: Roland comes from a completely
> > different world. The world of functional safety.
>
> If I came from Mars that still wouldn't give me the right to abuse, insult or demean
> other people on this list.

But it explains his frustration. And it explains why there a so few people who understand
his (rudely presented) arguments.

If you came from Mars I would surely tolerate much more misbehavior than if you came from
Earth.

Also don't forget that fights always need two persons: One person who provokes and someone
else who volunteers to escalate the situation. As much as I can't understand Rolands style
of speech I also can't understand people fighting back in the same style and then
complaining about Roland.

This is a mailing list. People can be filtered and/or ignored on an individual basis.

--
Best Regards,
Bernhard Lindner